Fingerprint Kiosk-Biometric Fingerprint based solution for Cafeteria Management & Hostel Access Management System
Sultan Qaboos University(SQU), One of the largest universities in Middle East with large student base operated on coupon based system for meal.This exercise was expensive as well as difficult to manage.
BioEnable proposed Biometric fingerprint based solution for management system to quickly, efficiently, and reliably identify/authenticate the students and their entilement of the meal scheme and also provided receipt printing which was required for administrative use.(Please download pdf Sultan Qaboos University)
Initial system was having L.C.D. ,Keypad, F.P. Scanner and Printer. Now it is replaced by Mondeo ,Printer ,Card reader,Webcam and TFT Displays .
Need to use new device –
- Basic Hardware Specs upgradation
- Multiple operations on keypads were cumbersome and error prone and hence needs for an card reader was felt
- Photograph of the person was required at the time of registration and verification and hence camera needs were felt
- To have the picture displayed at the time of verrification- change in Alpha Numeric LCD was felt and hence TFT display panel was required.
- To prevent uneven cutting and tear away format of printer paper, auto cutter printer was needed which is incorporated in new device
1)Mondeo (Mini PC)
VIA C3TM Processors 1.3 GHz on board
chipset VIA CN 400 + VT 8237
1 DDR400 DIMM socket .Up to 1 GB memory size
6 channel Audio
TV OUT : S-Video & RCA Jack
Dimensions (mm): 65(H)*258(D)*210(W)
Support Slim Type HDD (2.5″))*1
Support Slim Type DVD/CD ROM *1
PSU : 80W External AC Adapter
2)ACR120 Contactless Reader/Writer
The ACR120 is a compact and cost-effective contactless reader and writer.
It is developed on the 13.56MHz contactless smart card (RFID) technology, supporting Mifare® (Classics,DESFire),ISO 14443 A and B cards.Its proximity operating distance is upto 5 cm, depending on the type of contactless tag in use.
The versatile reader is available in both USB and Serial interface version, which can be easily integrated into PC environment as well as other systems in a snap. It is ideal for a board range ofapplications, including public transport terminals, physical andlogical access controls, and even vending machines.
The operation of ACR120 is extremely easy, quick and convenient. All read/write operations can be done via waving the contactless card to the device. Moreover,its compact designenables it to be mounted and located in anywhere with ease.
In addition, ACR120 also available in a module form, which is extremely easy to design-in giving you maximum design and development flexibility. Own casing, logo, color, size can all now be materialized.
For more information please download pdf –ACR120Reader/Writer
For detailed information please visit Webcam
For detailed information please visit Thermal Printer
5)TFT LCD Monitor
7″ Stand-Alone TFT-LCD VGA Monitor and Touch Screen
1) 7″ stand-alone TFT-LCD VGA monitor and touch-screen
2) Resolution: 1024 * 768
3) Aspect ratio: 16:9
4) Color system: PAL/NTSC
5) Built-in touch screen
6) Inputs: a) VGA/GPS * 1 b) S-Video * 1 c) Video in * 1 d) Two track audio (left/right) * 1
7) Chinese, English screen display
8) Four direction adjustable screen
9) Full function remote with OSD menu
10) Audio output: 1W (max)
11) Power consumption: 8W
12) Power supply: DC 12V
13) Working temperature: -20°C – 75°C Packing:
14) Display Size:152.4 * 91.44mm
For more information on TFT please visit TFT-LCD Monitor