BioEnable is offering first of its kind Fingerprint Scanner Development Kit for Android developers.
- Android developers can get started with developing Fingerprint Scanner based applications.
- Android Tablet Manufacturers/Firmware developers can test the Fingerprint scanner performance requirements and explore if they would like to support Fingerprint Scanner on their Tablets.
- Android Tablets do not support Fingerprint Scanners by default.
- Drivers for the Fingerprint scanner are not included in the Android OS image and hence even by installing an compatible App it will not work with the Scanner.
- In order to support Fingerprint Scanner the Android OS image needs to be updated with a new image that include Drivers.
- Drivers for one Android Tablet may not work on other if the Chipset is different.
In order to make the development simple our offer a Development kit that include popular Android Tablet , Upgraded OS & Fingerprint scanner for you to get started immediately.
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 inch Android Tablet (16GB WiFi) with Upgraded OS image & Drivers
- USB host cable accessory
- USB Fingerprint Scanner
- SDK CD with Manual
What Functions are support by the SDK ?
- Fingerprint Image Capture
- Fingerprint Template extraction
- Fingerprint Template 1:1 Matching
- Once you have tested the performance of fingerprint scanner on the Samsung Tablet, you can propose the new tablet on which you would like the Scanner to be supported
- You shall provide us 3 Sample Tablets with Android Image Source under GPL for us to test and compile the drivers for your tablet.
- Once you get the drivers you can include it in your OS Image and distribute to your customers without any Royalty charge